Saturday, May 29, 2010

Transition

I used to tell myself I didn't like change. I don't think that's true anymore. I now believe that change is a necessary part of life. During the past few weeks, I have experienced lots of change. The pictures below describe all of those things. :) Moving back home from College Station was the first big step. It never hit me all at once that I was done for the year. Slowly, I realized summer was here. I was reluctant to leave my Impact camp. Delta Simeon has truly altered my perspective and challenged me on so many levels. I refuse to let go of those people, ever! They mean the entire world to me. I know they are constantly praying for me and they simply love me, despite all of my goofy quirks. I am blessed to be surrounded by such God-fearing, Christ-pursuing individuals!

The second change was leaving home once again for a week and heading to Florida with the Nevarez clan! It was difficult coming home with every single thing I own, packing up again, and leaving. But wow, Elissa and I had FUN!! We both had so much to share with each other. She gave me such good advice and is truly one of my best friends. I don't know what I would do if she wasn't staying in Houston this summer! Elissa is my accountability partner and hopefully future roommate! We talked about those plans last night since we were both planning on being in the Houston area after graduation. I could think of no better individual to live with. I love her so much!

Next change, my baby cousin Joseph finally got his driver's license on his 17th birthday. I will admit, I was slightly nervous when my brother got in the car with him. But since Joe has had 2+ years of training, I knew I didn't need to worry about it. Next year, those two sweet boys will be graduating high school and heading off into the real world (hopefully).

Finally, my friend Jan left for Africa on Thursday. She will be gone for an entire YEAR. I don't think that has hit me yet either. She made it to Uganda safely! Praise the Lord! She will permanently move to Swaziland in about 2 weeks to start an organization called Empower a Child. This organization is completely devoted to helping children off the streets and getting them sponsored, and they already have locations in Uganda and Kenya. Jan is completely perfect for this job. She is strong, has incredible faith, and trusts the Lord fully. With her recent degree from Texas A&M, I know she is going to be totally fine. It's going to be hard not talking to her as often though. She knows all my struggles, all my faults, and all my stories. Technology is more advanced in Uganda so I have been spoiled by getting to talk to her through facebook. But Swaziland is not as fortunate, and the time she is there will be especially hard. All I can do is pray though. God can handle ANYTHING!!

Well, that was quite the update. My friend Marissa is on her way home right about now! Thankfully, she is healed and got to participate towards the end of her trip. :) My cousin Kaitlin is now in Ephesus experiencing the land where Paul taught and encouraged the church. Haven't heard much about her team, but prayer for safety is appreciated!

Oh one more thing, after a grueling 4 hour long process, I am now CPR certified for another 2 years! Not completely confident in my ability, but if I find myself in control of someone's life, hopefully God will give me strength.

T.T.F.N.!




5 comments:

SELBY said...

Aaw! How exciting...future roommates with Elissa! I know change is frustrating sometimes, but you can get through it. I love ya! and I'll be here all summer, so definitely hit me up!

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much Kate! :) Well, the whole future roommate thing is definitely a long ways away. I think it would be fun if some of us all lived together after college! I'm so glad you will be here this summer. Can't wait to see you!

JanetD said...

You think you were scared when Ben got in the car! How do you think I felt when Joe drove off!!! So glad you are home! Love your blog.

JanetD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsee said...

Change is hard but great and necessary! And one thing I have to say about friends in Africa is that skype will become your BFF. Now that I'm subscribed to your blog, I am so going to enjoy your ramblings!

Listen to My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones