Well, yesterday was my first day of training for this upcoming summer. I still don't understand why we have to go if we have already worked before. Eh, I just do as I'm told. I drove my friend Courtney last night, and as soon as I walked in, I felt right back at home. As hard as my job was last summer, I loved every minute of it. I learned so much, and can't wait to see what I will learn this summer! I quickly found Karen, one of my best friends, and saw that she was sitting by our senior counselor for this year, Christian. Yes, he and I have a "past" I guess. Needless to say, I was not happy when I found out he would be my boss this summer. He gave me a hard time basically the entire night and it was irritating at first. Apparently he feels comfortable acting that way around me and I just have to get used to it. Ugh. It will be an interesting summer, to say the least. Everything we did was pretty tiring. Or maybe I should have been more engaged and answering questions, as Christian so nicely put it.
Towards the end of the evening, we were split up into age groups. I finally got to meet the two newcomers I get to mentor. When Lindsey, the 7-8 director, first told me about the whole mentoring thing, I loved the idea. I wished they did that when I was a newbie last summer. Anyways, my two men-tees are awesome. I think they are going to do a fantastic job! There are two new guys, however, that I am sincerely worried about. They think they are the coolest people ever and, well, that's a problem in this job. If you become prideful, things will only get worse.
Overall, it was a good first night. Tutti Frutti frozen yogurt afterwards was enjoyable and satisfying. The Lord has blessed me with amazing friends and I couldn't be more thankful.
Please continue praying for my friend Marissa as she is still sick in Africa with no idea as to what it is. Pray for strength, healing, and peace. Also, my cousin Kaitlin is currently on her way to Turkey with a group of people from her Bible study for a month-long mission trip. She has never been overseas, and prayer for acceptance of a new culture and understanding would be wonderful.



No comments:
Post a Comment