Monday, July 19, 2010

Back to Reality!

All good things must come to an end. I have been learning that the hard way for the past two days. I really didn't want to come back to Houston. But, life must go on. It was nice to take a momentary break from the world and all of it's problems. Family vacation is pretty much the same every year. We wake up, I go for a jog, beach, lunch, nap, beach, dinner, relaxing. That didn't change much this year! We did go out to eat more than usual, but that was super fun! I was sad that my cousin Doug wasn't able to come. Our families would have been complete if he would've been able to come. Plus, I feel like I can relate pretty well to him since we are both in college and dealing with school stuff.




My dad and brothers convinced me to go fishing with them at least once this trip, so Thursday night we ventured out to the Marker 37 pier. I was expecting the worst, mostly because my fishing skills are far from perfect, but partly because the boys hadn't had much luck the entire trip. As it turned out, I only caught one fish and the boys each caught about 3. The lights for the pier never came on, so we ended up leaving around 9:30. Dad tripped over someone's fishing rod and I almost stepped on some fish remains on our way out. Although we were disappointed, it was nothing a nice cold Ocean Water couldn't fix! I was glad I went and put forth the effort, even though I gave up valuable reading time.

Since coming home, there was still some excitement to come! My mom and I had tickets to see Wicked at the Hobby Center, along with 8 other aunts and girl cousins! The show was indescribable. I have seen the show before in New York City on Broadway, so my standards were high from the get-go, but holy cow, I was speechless! The singing was phenomenal and the props were just like NYC. I would see it again in a heartbeat. I also think the Elphaba of our show was as good if not BETTER than Idina Menzel, the original wicked witch. And who doesn't love an excuse to get all dressed up??

Tomorrow, I head back to camp for the next 4 days straight. Should be interesting. I went to visit today after my workout, and I really do miss it. I couldn't leave the building without getting a "Hi Miss Jane!" from one of my little girls. My motivation this week will be the fact that I only have 17 more days! Gosh, how time flies. I'm praying for EXTREME patience and dependence on Christ alone. He gets me through each and every day of work, and I know He will give me the strength for these next few weeks.

In Him,
Jane

No comments:

Listen to My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones