Sunday, November 23, 2008

The semester is DEFINITELY winding down!

Goodness, I wish I would update this more often. Maybe I will, since I don't have too much to occupy my time lately. This will all change after Thanksgiving because I will have to begin studying for finals, but seriously...THIS IS WEIRD! Normally on Sundays, I have so much to do and I'm up late doing it! Now, I've been done with homework since about 4! It's sad to me, in a way. My first semester of college has completely flown by. There were times when I wish it would be over. Now I feel like my life is flying by right before my eyes. The whole Daylight Savings Time thing doesn't help either. Looking back, God has really tested my faith this semester. There were times when I would never know if I would be able to make it. I would get so homesick that I wanted to drop out and go home. I've come so far since then!

Some major things I've learned...well, that's a tough one. I've learned that I truly am a believer in Christ and that I have the ability to shine brightly for Him and light up my world. I need to remember that and apply it. I need to take advantage of the times God gives me to share the gospel with others. I've also learned that my relationship with my family is strong enough to outlast me being away. I've begun to adjust living on my own without my mom making all my meals, my dad being there to give advice, and my brothers around to make me smile and laugh. I've learned that I truly have a best friend, because we have been apart for so long, yet we continue to talk every day and pour into each other's lives. I wouldn't have survived up here without her, and I thank God each time I think of her. I've learned to balance work and play, knowing there is a time for both. I've learned to praise the Lord, despite challenges, homesickness, and a semester grade of 89.2! What a wonderful semester! Now, bring on Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I'm really excited about the holidays because for me, they are always very poignant, for lack of a better word. Lately, I've come to realize the importance of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanksgiving is a time when I truly thank God for everything He has given me, knowing I don't deserve any of it, including His mercy! Christmas is such a wonderful time of praise and worship because out Savior has arrived to cleanse us all! What more would we want?

With finals ahead, I know that a lot of studying goes with that. I know in the end, it will all be okay, no matter what happens. I hope and pray for good results that only honor my Lord and not myself!

Savior, He can move the mountains
My God is MIGHTY to save
He is MIGHTY to save

Forever, author of salvation
He rose and CONQUERED the grave
Jesus CONQUERED the grave!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you best friend, and i am so proud of how far you have come!
-MJH

Listen to My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones